Legal Conditions & Terms of Website Use
General Terms and Conditions
1. The website is the exclusive property of the LIUNA National (Industrial) Pension Fund. All content on the website is copyrighted © 2016 LIUNA National (Industrial) Pension Fund, 905 16th Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. All rights are reserved.
2. Copying, reproduction, duplication, modification, distribution or disclosure of any content on this website without the prior written consent of the Pension Fund’s Board of Trustees is expressly prohibited and will be treated as a violation of the Pension Fund’s copyright.
3. The primary purpose of this website is to provide information regarding the Pension Fund to its participants and beneficiaries, as well as to sponsoring Unions and contributing employers. Such persons and organizations have the Board of Trustees’ consent to download and use content on this website for informational, non-commercial purposes relating to their relationship to the Pension Fund or for other specific uses described on the website.
4. The Pension Fund disclaims all express or implied warranties, including any warranty of merchantability, any warranty of fitness for use, and any warranty that the website is free of viruses, worms, trojans, or other potentially injurious material. Viewing and other use of the website is entirely at your own risk.
5. The Pension Fund does not guarantee or warranty the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or applicability of any information on this website. Content may be changed without notice, and the Pension Fund makes no commitment to regularly update the information on the website. Users should not rely on and take action based upon the website’s content without first seeking contacting the Pension Fund. In particular, eligibility for benefits from the Pension Fund can only be determined by the Pension Fund’s Fund Office, and no person should leave employment or take other action in the belief that he or she is eligible for benefits without first contacting the Fund Office.
6. To the extent that there is a conflict between the website’s content and the actual language of the Pension Fund’s Agreement and Declaration of Trust, Plan Description, and other governing documents, the Agreement and Declaration of Trust, Plan Description, and other governing documents shall control.
7. The Pension Fund shall not be liable to you or any other person or organization for any claims, losses, damages of any kind (including compensatory, special, consequential and punitive damages), professional fees, or any other legal and equitable remedies relating to the use of, or inability to use, the website or its content.
8. Nothing on the website should be construed as financial or legal advice by the Pension Fund or its Trustees.
9. Unauthorized use of the website, including the uploading or posting of material and tampering with any content, will subject the unauthorized user to criminal prosecution as well as to civil liability to the Pension Fund and any affected third party for damages, including compensatory, special, consequential and punitive damage, and other legal and equitable relief.
You agree to indemnify the Pension Fund and its Trustees and employees against any and all claims, proceedings, damages, injuries, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses that relate to your use of the website.